|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
This article has been assessed as havingUnknown importance.
Good scope? Timeline? wikified? red links < 10? all red links fixed? referenced? Illustrated? Googled and added info? Checked 9/11 records archives? Checked Wikinews? Checked Wikisource?
|This article needs better categories. Please help out by fixing categories to it so that it can be listed with similar articles.|
Jeremy Glick was one of the victims on Flight 93.
- Three sites with full list of survivors, plus photos and stories -
|This article may require cleanup to meet Brock911's quality standards. Please improve this article. (September 2009)|
Jeremy Logan Glick|
September 3, 1970
September 11, 2001 (aged 31)|
|Cause of death||Plane Crash|
|Occupation||sales and marketing executive (until 2001)|
Glick was US National Collegiate Judo champion in 1993, while he was a student at the University of Rochester, where he was President of the Rochester Chapter of the Alpha Delta Phi fraternity, and he later worked as a sales and marketing executive for Vividence, a San Mateo e-consulting company.
Co-workers and family all stated that they were not surprised that Glick took action. Glick's brother-in-law Douglas Hurwitt said "that was my brother-in-law. He was a take-charge guy." Glick's former boss, Thomas Torf said: "He was a no nonsense kind of guy. He took ownership of things. Very focused. He loved his family. He was a good business man. All of us loved him."
In September 2008, the United States Judo Association (USJA), awarded him with an Honorary 10th Degree Black Belt.
Personal life Edit
On August 31, 1996, Glick married long-time girlfriend, Lyzbeth. The two were prom king and queen in 1988. The couple had a daughter, Emerson, on June 18, 2001. He named her after famous author, Ralph Waldo Emerson. Glick has five other siblings, all of whose names begin with the letter "J". He was a middle child among the six children of his family.
- ↑ "Passenger: Jeremy Glick". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. October 28, 2001.
- ↑ Jennifer Glick: Jeremy's Heroes foundation commemorates brother - CNN. 9 November 2001
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Heroes: Facing the End - The Fight for Flight 93 - a time.com special report. 2001.]
- ↑ Jeremy Glick (unitedheroes.com)
- ↑ Vividence employee, others puts up fight on Flight 93 - San Francisco Business Times. 12 September 2001
- ↑ SAR presents medals, flag in Somerset ceremony - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. 15 September 2002
- ↑ "Flight 93 passengers selected for Ashe Award". ESPY Awards. July 24, 2002. Retrieved 2009-09-21.
- ↑ http://mysite.verizon.net/resptwx6/glickaward.htm
- ↑ Sampson, Peter J. "W. MILFORD MAN TOLD WIFE OF PLAN TO STORM COCKPIT", The Record (Bergen County), September 13, 2001. Accessed July 20, 2008
- Passenger: Jeremy Glick - PG News. 28 October 2001
- Jeremy Glick (www.unitedheroes.com)♦
- Profiles of 9/11. Biography.com. Retrieved on 2008-04-02.
- www.jeremysheroes.org (Jeremy's Heroes, Helping kids find their hero within)